Part I – “Spiritual Safety Instructions: Are you Prepared?”
Part II – “Elbows, Knees and Toes: What you Need to Know!”
I was on an airplane recently. As usual, at the beginning of the flight, the flight attendants went through their little “safety-spiel”, telling us about oxygen masks and exit signs. I have heard it so many times I really just watch and listen out of courtesy. As I listened, I looked around the cabin. I couldn’t help but notice that very few people, other than me, were paying attention. I thought to myself, “God help us if anything happens! I hope they can open the exit door!”
The guy in front of me was a big guy, and he had his seat leaned back. The man next to me in the middle seat was a big guy, too. He was using both arm rests. Feeling a little squeezed, I leaned toward the aisle a bit to keep from resting against his arm. As it turned out, this wasn’t such a great idea. A couple of the flight attendants were fairly big, too, and as they went up and down the aisle, they kept bumping into my arm with their hips. This happened so many times my arm started to feel a little sore and bruised.
This is not a new experience for me. A couple of years ago, a flight attendant ran over my foot with the drink cart as I slept! That hurt! So you’d better believe it when a little while later, as they were pushing the cart down the aisle, I sat up and made sure all my body parts were inside my “space”. It was then that I realized the flight attendant was saying, “Watch your elbows, knees and toes! Elbows, knees and toes! Elbows, knees and toes!”
The gal said it over and over so many times, I really felt as though God was speaking to me through her, saying it enough times to get my attention. It worked! I asked Him, “Ok God – what are You saying about elbows, knees and toes?”
See, years ago, I had a dream. In this dream, my mother and I were in a meat packing plant. There were all kinds of animals on a conveyor belt, and although I don’t remember most of the dream, the part I remember clearly was this: as I was attempting to leave that place, there was a pig lying on the ground in front of me like a cat with its two front feet sticking out in front of it. In the dream, I heard a voice coming from somewhere that said, “Watch your ankles!”
I found out later that ankles stand for “FAITH”. So when I heard, “Elbows, Knees and Toes” on this flight over and over, it resonated inside of me! This is because it hit me in my spirit: if ANKLES mean FAITH, then ELBOWS, KNEES and TOES must have spiritual meanings as well!
Unfortunately, since we were already up in the air by this time, I was unable to research Elbows, Knees and Toes at that moment. I will tell more about this discovery in Part II of this message, entitled, “Elbows, Knees and Toes – What you Need to Know!”
So, I settled in to read my Bible. Instead, I heard the Lord ask me, “Are You Prepared?”
Knowing Him as I do, my knee-jerk reaction was, “Prepared for….What?” I have learned to ask first! The last time He said that to me, He asked me if I was “ready” to stop coloring my hair! Honestly, ladies – who is ever READY to stop coloring her hair? It turned out it was an exercise in obedience, but more about that some other time.
God is what I call a “picture-God”. He speaks through pictures and parables, both in the Bible and today. He gives us prophetic words, dreams and visions, and shows us the things that are to come (John 16:13). Even the Hebrew aleph-bet started out as pictures! Because I know this about Him, He began to talk to me about the pictures He had just shown me: The Safety Instructions.
It troubled me that hardly anybody else paid attention to the safety instructions when they were given. I guess as a people, we have grown complacent that nothing is going to happen. Planes take off and they land every day, hundreds of times a day. In fact, statistically speaking, there is a higher chance of getting attacked by a shark than being in an airplane accident.
So, it is in the airplane pretty much as it is on the earth today – hardly anybody on the earth is paying attention to His instructions! However, WE as the REMNANT, the ELECT, the hand-selected heirs of the Kingdom of God are under additional scrutiny and pressure by the Almighty – because He is depending on US to finish out His end-time plan. He has given us instructions, and fully expects us to pay attention.
So, with that, I will share the message that He gave me on the plane: “Are You Prepared?”
- The Lord said that we MUST obey instructions in this next portion of our earthly adventure with Him, because the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand. The safety instruction card is right in front of us on “the plane”, a word-play and a symbol of “His PLAN”. He says the instructions are right in front of us, easily within our reach, as close as our hands – both in our Bible, and our open hands, raised and ready to receive from Him! “From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand (Matthew 4:17 KJV).”
- The Lord spoke to me about the oxygen masks dropping down in front of us from overhead. What is in the masks? OXYGEN! Air – Pneuma – Ruach – Holy Spirit! Where does it come from? Overhead, from Him – and it’s in front of us, and not behind! That’s right! When the cabin pressure drops – or, alternatively, since it is an upside down kingdom, when the pressure is ON — due to some unforeseen circumstance or calamity, the Holy Spirit is on the job! His Name in Hebrew is Ruach HaKodesh – Breath, Life, Spirit. He is the air we breathe!
We must continue to breathe to survive. All we have to do is reach out, take His mask, and BREATHE! A woman when she is birthing will breathe deeply. An athlete as s/he runs breathes deeply. When the adrenaline from our “fight-or-flight” syndrome kicks in, we breathe deeply!
Instead of breathing in “the world”, breathe in the Holy Spirit! Instead of breathing in ‘panic’, breathe in PEACE! Instead of breathing in ‘anger’, breathe in FORGIVENESS! Breathe Him in deeply. Rest in Him! Know He has your back! Spend time with Him!
Interestingly, even if the bag doesn’t inflate, the oxygen is still flowing. This means that although it may seem that nothing has changed, be confident that the Holy Spirit is flowing, and continue to breathe Him in! Don’t stop breathing!
- He talked to me about our seat belts: we MUST stay buckled up for this next segment of our journey. The flight attendant said to keep the seat belt on whenever we are seated, even if the captain has turned off the “fasten seatbelt” light; however, she also showed us how to loosen it and release the buckle. I believe the Lord is saying that he wants us to stay put, seated in heavenly places with Him.
“And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus… (Ephesians 2:6 KJV)”
Don’t get out of your seat! It is the adversary’s goal to get you up out of your heavenly seat, to get you out of position. He may flash the “unbuckle-your-seatbelt-sign”, like an angel of light that he has been known to be, (see 2 Corinthians 11:14) to lure you. DON’T DO IT! Use your seat belt, keep it buckled up, and stay seated with Him in Heavenly places!
You DO have free will. You can choose to release your buckle at any time, remove your seat belt, stand up, and walk away. God is not going to force you to stay seated with Him in heavenly places. It is a choice. You can get up, but WHY would you? Stay in His peace and His rest. Stay in relationship.
- That brings us to the exit doors. I ALWAYS check to see where the nearest exit doors are once I board the aircraft. Why? In case of emergency! I want to know how to get out of a bad situation, should one arise. In life, “diverse trials” (see James 1:2) happen altogether too often, it seems, but God has given us some REALLY good news: Jesus IS the DOOR! He is our Exit door, our entrance door, and the gatekeeper. He is the Way! He is the Truth! He is the Life! No man comes to the Father except through Him!
“Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door… (John 10:7 KJV).”
“I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture (John 10:9).”
“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me (John 14:6).”
If you look at the floor of the aircraft, you can see the lighted strips that will direct you to the exit door… even if visibility is poor, even in the dark, even in the midst of the storm, even in smoke and flames! That sure speaks to me! God will light the way! He will direct your path with His word!
“Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path (Psalm 119:105).”
He gives you a MAP and a Strategy – FOLLOW ME (see Matthew 4:19)! He will lead you by any means necessary to guide you to the Exit Door – straight to Jesus! He will make sure you can find your way to Him: to help, to life, and life more abundantly (see John 10:10).
Aren’t you glad you looked for, and found, the “Exit Door”? Lean on that Door! When that Door opens, and it will open as you knock, you will fall right into His arms!
He is also our portal, our entrance into the heavenly realm. He invites us to, “…come up here (Revelation 4:1)”, and to “…go in and out (the door) and find pasture (John 10:9)”, to spend time with Him in His presence. I have had multiple visions in the last year or so that all start out with that one phrase, “Come up here…” This is because I said, “YES!” to intimacy with Jesus.
I believe in this next segment in time, He will be working on the remnant to grow with Him in even MORE intimate ways! These are our instructions!
On the plane, the Lord asked me, “Are you prepared?” I want to urge you to do a “safety check”, and look at the instructions He has given us all:
- He gives us the instruction manual: the Bible
- He gives us our own personal line of communication with Him, a “hotline”: speaking in tongues;
- He gives us His own Holy Spirit;
- He seats us in heavenly places with Him and even shows us the Exit Door from diverse trials!
- He does all of this in order to prepare us for this life, and more particularly, for what is coming in our immediate futures.
*This safety message brought to you by The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit.
Stay tuned for Part II of this message: “Elbows, Knees and Toes: What you need to know!”
Blessings and abundance as you SHIFT into this next segment!
April 28-29, 2017
The Unblemished Bride Conference
342 S Chadbourne
San Angelo, TX 76903
Edie Bayer, Vana Lawser, Grace Cruz, Alice Garza and Tina Baker
Southern Gate Church
Jill and Hardy Jones
12053 D’Iberville Blvd,
As One United in Christ Fellowship
Apostle Mike & Susan Barnett
Valerie Voelker 225-933-8558
30915 Barnett Lane
Denham Springs, LA